Fall 2016 Program – Pitzer College
Logistical details will be emailed to registered participants.
Legal Implications and Best Practices for Internships
Date/Time: Friday, November 11, 2016 – 8:30am-1:00pm
12:00-1:00 Lunch and Meeting Items
University Location: Pitzer College | 1050 N. Millis Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711
Price: Members: $45 and Non-members: $50
Register: Register Here Register Here
TERESA FLORES WILL BE INVOICING PAYMENTS.
Currently On The Table:
1. Pending legislation changes – What is the impact on higher education, employers, and terms of recruitment?
2. How will these changes affect Career Centers?
3. Is there a push in legislation to implement policies for all interns to be compensated?
4. How are internships managed and disseminated on your campus?
5. Will the lawsuit dilemma on the East Coast make its way to the West Coast?
Our offices navigate these questions each day from various stakeholders.
Students, parents, employers, and our campus communities rely on our departments’
various answers. This program will allow for open discussion and conversation
regarding the future of internships while also addressing potential lawsuits.